For those who want to paddle anywhere besides our rental locations, you can purchase an add-on to your pass for up to 15 days of off-site rental, offered from the Allston-Brighton or Newton Historic Boathouse locations.
Our Season runs from the first weekend in May through Mid-October, weather permitting.
Season Pass Options:
Holiday Sale! (These prices are valid through Dec. 31, 2022)
Individual: $249 $229 (+ $14.31 tax, $9.16 peek fee = 252.47 total)
First Time Individual: $209 $189 (+ $11.81 tax, $7.56 peek fee = 208.37 total)
Family: $385 $349 (+ $21.81 tax, $13.96 peek fee = 384.77 total)
First Time Family: $355 $329 (+ 20.56 tax, $13.16 peek fee = 362.72 total)
Senior(62+): $165 $155 (+ $9.69 tax, $6.20 peek fee = 170.89 total)
Student(ages 6-22): $165 $155 (+ $9.69 tax, $6.20 peek fee = 170.89 total)
Accessibility: $124 $115 (+ $7.19 tax, $4.60 peek fee = 126.79 total)
*Learn more about Peek Fees>>
Off-site Boat Rental Option:
add 15 days of off-site boat rental:
Individual: $165 (+ $10.31 tax, $6.60 peek fee = 181.91 total
Family: $299 (+ $18.69 tax, $11.96 peek fee = 329.65 total)
Outrigger Canoe Season Pass
Individual $185 $175 (+ $10.94 tax, $7.00 peek fee = 192.94 total)
Includes unlimited 24/7 on-site use of our Maui Fiberglass Hurricane and Hawaiian Designs Nai’ solo outrigger canoes at our Kendall Square, Cambridge location. All other boat types (except ten-person canoes) to be used by the passholder can be rented on-site during regular hours at half price.
with Kayak, Canoe & SUP Pass valid during regular hours: Individual $299 $279 (+ $17.44 tax, $11.16 peek fee = 307.60 total)
Season Pass Policies
- Season passes are not transferrable — only the person whose name appears on the card may use the pass.
- Season passes are non-refundable.
- Season passes are valid for regular on-site rentals during our regular hours of operation during the boating season (the off-site rental add-on includes regular off-site rentals from the Waltham Paddling Shop or our Allston/Brighton location. Reservations are required).
- Season passes are not valid for Fourth of July Fireworks Rentals or any other special event or activity. Passholders pay nominal fees for One-Way Rentals ($10 per boat) and Nahanton Park Shuttled River Trips ($20 per person).
- All passes include a 10% discount on off-site rentals, Paddling Store purchases (excluding boats and sale items), and Paddling School classes (use coupon code SEASONPASS; excludes private instruction and trips). Season Passholders receive the "own-boat" price on Kayak Trips.
- An "individual" member can bring guests in the boat they are renting at no charge as long as the boat rented can accommodate the number of guests (for example, an individual kayak member and a guest may rent one double kayak at no extra charge). All boats are included, Party SUP is available for half price rental. Pass with off-site rental includes up to 15 days of one boat or board rental at a time per pass holder.
- A "family" membership includes boats for an individual, his/her spouse, and their children up to age 25 living in the same household. All boats are included, limit on two tripper XL canoes. Pass with off-site rental includes 15 days off-site rental for each passholder (not transferable within the family).
- A "senior" membership is for an individual age 62 and older and receives the same benefits as an individual member.
- A "student" membership is for an individual age 6-22 who is a student at a primary, secondary, vocational, or college-level school and receives the same benefits as an individual member.
- An "Accessibility" membership is for an individual with a disability and receives the same benefits as an individual member. Documentation is required.
- Guests who wish to rent a boat of their own receive a 20% discount on their rentals. Limit two additional boats per passholder per visit.
- Not all boats are available at all locations. See the boat types available at our Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Newton/Nahanton Park, and Waltham locations.
- Outrigger canoe use is governed by additional policies described here.
- Off-site rentals are picked up from and returned to our Allston/Brighton location or the Historic Newton Boathouse and are handled as described in our off-site rental policy.