Birthday Parties and Kids Groups
Paddle Boston will create a customized birthday party for your child and friends. We can provide rentals of canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards, plus instruction, guiding, and catering to suit your tastes. We even have water cannons and ten-person canoes!
All our locations are great for birthdays, and each has a picnic area with a water view.
You can rent boats or boards and go out on the water on your own, or you can have our guides on the water leading games for the group
- Reservations are required.
- Guide/Instructors: We can take groups of up to three kids with one instructor for $125 on weekdays and $145 on weekends for a 75-minute lesson including boat rentals. We can also accommodate larger groups with more instructors.
- For unguided groups, each adult can accompany up to 6 kids in up to 5 kids’ boats. See our child-to-adult ratios for details.
- Kids Kayaks, Stand-Up Paddleboards, Adult Single or Double Kayaks, or Canoes Boat Rental prices>>
- Ten-Person Canoe (up to 10 people, shown above) $275/hour including guide
Food & Catering
You are welcome to bring food or arrange for your own catering. There are numerous catering options for all of our locations.
Birthday Party Types
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Paddling Group Outings
Pre-payment in full is required for all reservations (K-12 school groups and camps must pre-pay for guides, catering orders, and boat deliveries, but may pay for rented boats on the day of the event). View our Reservation & Discount Policy for details.
- Reservations cancelled by the following deadlines receive either a refund of the pre-payment less a 10% registration fee, or a full credit to a store account. This credit is valid for 7 years and may be used for instruction, rentals, or purchases at Paddle Boston or Weston Ski Track.
- Group Reservations at our locations must be cancelled 48 hours in advance (except deliveries, catering orders, massage services, and off-site guiding/instruction). Cancellations due to weather must be made at least 2 hours before the event. Small reductions in boat quantities for non-peak-hour reservations are accepted when you arrive for your event, but are subject to the 10% fee.
- Boat Deliveries must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- Off-Site Guiding/Instruction must be cancelled at least 7 days before the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- Catering Orders must be cancelled at least 7 days before the event. The timeframe for cancellations due to weather varies by vendor -- call our group outings coordinator at (617) 965-5110 for details.
- Massage Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the event.
- For all cancellations made after the above deadlines, no refunds or credits will be issued.