Stoneham: Spot Pond
Spot Pond is a 298-acre Great Pond located in the center of the Middlesex Fells Reservation.
Come and enjoy the beautiful clear and quiet water. There is great fishing and islands and woods to explore. There is no boat traffic, perfect paddling for beginners and families.
We have canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, rowboats, and sailboats available for rental. (Sailboats are only available for sailing season pass holders)
Standup paddleboards, swimming, and launching personal boats are not allowed because Spot Pond is a reservoir and these activities could contaminate the water.
Rent a boat to explore all that Spot Pond and the Middlesex Fells has to offer!
Reservations are not required. Reservations are available at some times but if you don’t see the time you want, just walk in and we’ll get you out on the water! Save time and complete your waiver before you come.
- You must request a cancellation with at least 12 hours notice of your desired rental time in order to receive a refund less a 10% administrative fee. You can reschedule your activity to another day up to two hours ahead of time.
- Please see the reschedule link in your confirmation email to reschedule your rental online or email us at email@example.com to request a refund.
Policies & Return Times
The last boat of the evening launches one hour before closing time -- This means that you need to be at the check in desk with all members of your party at least an hour before closing, and possibly earlier than that if there is already a line on the dock.
- Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help you plan your visit
- Bring your photo ID everytime you paddle
- Always be prepared to get wet, wear your life jacket and ask us for a drybag to protect your belongings.
- Smoking and Alcohol is strictly prohibited and we reserve the right to inspect your bags and coolers.