Group Rates & Reservations
Reservations are available for groups renting eight boats or more, or for events with guiding/instruction. If you are renting fewer than eight boats, just come down — boats come off the water as quickly as they are going out, so it’s rare that you are waiting more than 30 minutes and often less at our quieter sites.
Kids’ groups will need a sufficient number of adults to accompany their group on the water. See our maximum child-to-adult ratios for details.
Special Rates for School Groups (K-12) and Camps
- When renting 8-9 boats: 20% off regular rates.
- When renting 10-14 boats: 40% off regular rates.
- When renting 15 boats or more: 50% off regular rates.
- No discounts are offered during our peak hours of 11am to 5pm on Weekends and Holidays.
- Customized instruction is available for $105/hour or $380/day per instructor.
- For unguided groups see our child-to-adult ratios for details.
Don’t let cost be a deterrent for your group! For non-profits, people with disabilities, or anyone who needs help getting out on the water, email us at email@example.com to learn about our grant program.
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Paddling Group Outings
- Reservations cancelled by the following deadlines receive either a refund of the pre-payment less a 10% registration fee, or a full credit to a store account. This credit is valid for 7 years and may be used for instruction, rentals, or purchases at Charles River Canoe & Kayak or Weston Ski Track.
- Group Reservations at our locations must be cancelled 48 hours in advance (except deliveries, catering orders, massage services, and off-site guiding/instruction). Cancellations due to weather must be made at least 2 hours before the event.
- Boat Deliveries must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- Off-Site Guiding/Instruction must be cancelled at least 7 days before the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- For all cancellations made after the above deadlines, no refunds or credits will be issued.
- Peak-Hour Reservations begin at the designated start time, and groups arriving late will not receive refunds or credits for missed time.