Rental Rates & Available Boat Types
On-Site Rental Rates
- Make a reservation and fill out your waiver online in advance or just walk up to any of our seven locations!
- Not all types of boats are available at all locations, You can reserve kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards online. If you’d like to upgrade to a paddleboat, rowboat, or XL Canoe, you can ask the staff when you arrive on site for your rental pending availability.
|Available Boats||0-1.5 Hours||1.5-3 Hours||Full Day|
|Single Kayak (1 adult)||$30||$42||$54|
|Double Kayak (2 adults)||$45||$60||$75|
|Kid’s Kayak (age 6-12)||$15||$27||$39|
|Paddleboard (1 adult)||$30||$42||$54|
|Canoe (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids )*||$45||$60||$75|
|XL Canoe (up to 5 adults)*||$55||$70||$85|
|Paddleboat (up to 4 adults)*||$45||$60||$75|
|Rowboat (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids )*||$45||$60||$75|
*Not all boats are available at all locations: Standard and XL canoes are at every location except for Cambridge. Rowboats and Paddleboats are only available in Waltham, Nahanton Park and the Newton Historic Boathouse.
|Parking in the Kendall Square South Garage|
|All day Saturdays and Sundays, & Weekdays entering after 4pm||$2/hour for first 3 hours;
$12 for longer than 3 hours
|Monday – Friday entering the garage at 4pm or earlier||Regular Rates|
- Coolers and food may be taken on the boats but no alcohol is permitted.
- Each participant age 16 or older must sign our Waiver of Liability before using our boats.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to rent a boat (16 with parental signature on rental waiver); you are welcome to bring children of all ages. See our complete Age Policy.
- On-site rental boats cannot be removed from the River. Off-site takeaway rentals are available from the Historic Newton Boathouse and Boston Location. If you are interested in off-site rentals, please see our Off-Site Rental Rates.
- Season Passes valid for rentals at all locations are available!