Waltham Riverfest 2018
Celebrate the Waltham Riverfest with a weekend full of activities on June 15-16, 2018 with Charles River Canoe & Kayak!
Moody Street Dam creates the Lakes District of the Charles, a beautiful six-mile stretch of slow-moving flatwater. This section of river was once a haven for canoeists looking to escape the city — and is again today!
Rentals at Moody Street
- To celebrate Riverfest we are offering a 25% discount on Canoe, Kayak, and Stand-Up Paddleboard rentals on June 15th and 16th.
- Take a look at our Waltham page for more details on our Moody st operation!
Friday, June 15
- 7pm Sunset Canoe Tour – Make a Reservation (limited space available)
25% off all canoe, kayak, and Stand-up Paddleboard rentals
Saturday, June 16
- 25% off all canoe, kayak, and Paddleboard rentals
- 10am Intro to Paddleboard Class – Make a Reservation (limited space available)
- 11am-5pm Free 20 minute 10-person Canoe tours on the hour
Sunset Canoe Tour – Friday or Saturday, June 15th and 16th, 7pm
Dusk is a magical time to be on the water, so what could be more blissful than an evening canoe tour? We push off as the sun sets for an evening of relaxation, good food, and conversation.
As the sun sets, we’ll anchor for light food and dessert and watch herons browsing along the banks and other wildlife settling in for the night.
On this tour you’ll receive a quick introduction to canoeing strokes and learn about the area’s rich history. It’s a wonderful way to experience Riverfest — the way things used to be!