July 4th Fireworks Boat Rentals
A canoe or kayak on the Charles River is by far the best seat in the house for Boston’s Fourth of July Fireworks. The event organizers welcome boaters, and the view can’t be beat! Read about the specific July 4th Boating Guidelines and “Captains Map”.
Launch from and return to our Boston location on Soldier’s Field Road in Allston/Brighton on the night of the fireworks. The boat must be returned by 1am on July 5. You’ll paddle about 4 miles (~1.5 hours) to the fireworks.
Launch from and return to our Cambridge location in Kendall Square on the night of the fireworks. The boat must be returned by midnight on July 4. You’ll paddle about 5 minutes to the fireworks.
Please download the “Captains Map” for 2019 State Police security measures. We will let you know if new new details are released for 2022. Below here are some bullet points to note:
- There is a security zone around the fireworks barge between the Mass. Ave and the Longfellow Bridges. Boats must be inside the security zone and anchored by 8:15pm. If you arrive at the bridge after 8:15pm you will not be allowed in.
- We recommend bringing or making your own anchor. You’ll need a weight of at least 10lbs and at least 25ft of line. (A milk jug filled with sand works)
- From Kendall Sq. you should arrive by 6:45pm to get under the Longfellow Bridge in time. Paddlers picking up our boat from Allston/Brighton location you should arrive no later than 5:30pm.
- Many paddlers prefer to start later and stay outside of the security zone where the view is still great. From Boston, anywhere upstream of Magazine beach is still a good view and from Kendall, heading toward the Museum of Science is a more peaceful view.
|Single Kayak (1 adult)||$79|
|Double Kayak (2 adults)||$120|
|Canoe (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids )*||$105|
|XL Canoe (up to 5 adults)||$169|
|Cambridge: Kendall Sq.|
|Single Kayak (1 adult)||$105|
|Double Kayak (2 adults)||$150|
|Single Sit on Top Kayak (1 adult)||$105|
|Double Sit on Top Kayak (2 adults)||$150|
|Canoe (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 kids )||$139|
|XL Canoe (up to 5 adults)||$199|
Registration/Cancellation Policy for July 4 Rentals
- Rentals includes a paddle, life jacket, and lights for each paddler.
- Bring a photo I.D. when you pick up your boat.
- The State Police restrict boating access within a perimeter around the fireworks barge. Renters will be provided with information on this restriction before launching. Learn more>>
- All boats rented in Allston/Brighton must be picked up by 8pm on July 4; all boats rented in Kendall Square must be picked up by 10pm. We reserve the right to rent remaining boats to others after these times, and no refunds or credits will be issued if your boat is no longer available.
- The rental charge will be refunded, less a 10% administrative fee, if you cancel your rental by 5pm on June 27. After this date, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- In the event that the fireworks and concert are cancelled due to weather before you pick up your boat, we will refund the rental fee, less a 10% administrative fee. If the fireworks and concert are cancelled after you pick up your boat, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability.