Mystic River Herring Run & Paddle
Sunday May 21, 2023
Blessing of the Bay Boathouse
Register for the Mystic River Herring Run & Paddle and join a hundred paddlers in canoe, kayak, and SUP races for everyone! Select from Three-Mile, Nine-Mile, or Twelve-Mile paddling races and/or a 5K road race. Compete in both the paddling race and running race and be eligible for the Iron Herring Award!
You will pick up your rented boat at the race start/finish point (Blessing of the Bay Boathouse in Somerville).
Visit the Mystic River Watershed Association for Mystic River Herring Run race rules, terms, and registration information.
Reservations are Recommended
|Boat Rental Rates||Price|
|Kevlar Canoe (~45 lbs.)||$75|
|Royalex Canoe (~65 lbs.)||$65|
|Composite/Racing Single Kayak or Surfski||$70|
|Plastic Single Kayak||$30|
|Lightweight Double Kayak||$80|
|Plastic Double Kayak||$45|
* Season pass holders: Contact us to receive a discounted coupon code.
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Herring Run Rentals
- Reservations are recommended for all Mystic River Herring Run race rentals.
- All rentals for the Mystic River Herring Run will be processed through our online reservation system.
- You will pick up and return your boat at the race start/finish point (Blessing of the Bay Boathouse).
- The rental fee is refundable up to 7 days before the race, less a 10% reservation fee. If cancellation of the rental occurs with less than one week's notice, the rental fee is forfeited.
- In the event the race is cancelled, we will refund the rental fee less a 10% registration fee.
- Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear.
- The person picking up the canoe will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability. Releases will be available on the day of the event or may be downloaded from our web site.
- Rentals includes one paddle and life jacket per paddler (two per canoe or double kayak; one per single kayak).
- All paddlers will be required to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water.
- The availability of specific kayak models is limited. Call Mark at (617) 965-5110 to discuss availability of specific kayaks, including racing kayaks. Requests for specific boat models are not guaranteed until we confirm.