Mystic River Herring Run & Paddle
Saturday May 19th, 2018
Blessing of the Bay Boathouse
Register for the Mystic River Herring Run & Paddle and join a hundred paddlers in canoe, kayak, and SUP races for everyone! Select from Three-Mile, Nine-Mile, or Twelve-Mile paddling races and/or a 5K road race. Compete in both the paddling race and running race and be eligible for the Iron Herring Award!
You will pick up your rented boat at the race start/finish point (Blessing of the Bay Boathouse in Somerville).
Visit the Mystic River Watershed Association for Mystic River Herring Run race rules, terms, and registration information.
Reservations are Recommended
Registration opens on Nov. 1st
|Boat Rental Rates||Price|
|Kevlar Canoe (~45 lbs.)||$75||Book Now|
|Royalex Canoe (~65 lbs.)||$65||Book Now|
|Aluminum Canoe (~75 lbs.)||$40||Book Now|
|Std. 16-Foot Canoe (~82 lbs., stable)||$35||Book Now|
|Std. 17-Foot Canoe (~83 lbs., faster than 16′)||$35||Book Now|
|Surf Ski||$70||Book Now|
|Composite/Racing Single Kayak||$70||Book Now|
|Plastic Single Kayak||$40||Book Now|
|Lightweight Double Kayak||$80||Book Now|
|Plastic Double Kayak||$50||Book Now|
|Stand-Up Paddleboard||$40||Book Now|
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Herring Run Rentals
- Reservations are recommended for all Mystic River Herring Run race rentals.
- All rentals for the Mystic River Herring Run will be processed through our online reservation system.
- You will pick up and return your boat at the race start/finish point (Blessing of the Bay Boathouse).
- The rental fee is refundable up to 7 days before the race, less a 10% reservation fee. If cancellation of the rental occurs with less than one week's notice, the rental fee is forfeited.
- In the event the race is cancelled, we will refund the rental fee less a 10% registration fee.
- Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear.
- The person picking up the canoe will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability. Releases will be available on the day of the event or may be downloaded from our web site.
- Rentals includes one paddle and life jacket per paddler (two per canoe or double kayak; one per single kayak).
- All paddlers will be required to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water.
- The availability of specific kayak models is limited. Call Mark at (617) 965-5110 to discuss availability of specific kayaks, including racing kayaks. Requests for specific boat models are not guaranteed until we confirm.