Run of the Charles
Sunday, April 28th, 2019
Register for the Run of the Charles and Join hundreds of paddlers in canoe and kayak races for everyone — from short legs in the relay race to a 14-mile course, all ending at the Finish Line Festival with food, music, prizes, and displays.
Celebrate the continuing improvements to Boston’s historic Charles River by taking part in this community event.
Visit the Charles River Watershed Association for Run of the Charles race rules, terms, and registration information.
Reservations are Required
|Boat Rental Rates||Price|
|Kevlar Canoe (~45 lbs.)||$120||Book Now|
|Royalex Canoe (~65 lbs.)||$95||Book Now|
|Aluminum Canoe (~75 lbs.)||$95||Book Now|
|Std. 16-Foot Canoe (~82 lbs., stable)||$72||Book Now|
|Std. 17-Foot Canoe (~83 lbs., faster than 16′)||$72||Book Now|
|Surf Ski||$72||Book Now|
|Composite/Racing Single Kayak||$72||Book Now|
|Plastic Single Kayak||$60||Book Now|
|Composite Double Kayak||$96||Book Now|
|Plastic Double Kayak||$80||Book Now|
|Stand-Up Paddleboard||$68||Book Now|
|Delivery to DCR rt. 30 Parking lot and Pick-Up at Herter Park (14-mile relay and 12-mile race)||$30|
|Pick-Up from Herter Park only||$20|
|Delivery to and Pick-Up from Herter Park (3 and 6-mile race)||$30|
Video by Interlock Media.
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Run of the Charles Rentals
- Reservations are required for all Run of the Charles race rentals. No day-of-race rentals will be available.
- All rentals for the Run of the Charles will be processed through our online reservation system.
- The rental fee is refundable up to 7 days before the race, less a 10% reservation fee. If cancellation of the rental occurs with less than one week's notice, the rental fee is forfeited.
- In the event the race is cancelled, we will refund the rental fee less a 10% registration fee.
- Your credit card number will be held as a deposit. Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear.
- Each person who will use the boat during the race must sign a waiver and release of liability. Download the release from our web site and distribute it to your team members so you can turn in the completed forms when you pick up your boat.
- Rentals includes one paddle and life jacket per paddler (two per canoe or double kayak; one per single kayak). Additional paddles and life jackets may be added during the reservation process.
- All paddlers will be required to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water.
- The availability of specific kayak models is limited. Call (617) 965-5110 to discuss availability of specific kayaks, including racing kayaks. Requests for specific boat models are not guaranteed until we confirm.