Canoe, Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals
We are open by advanced reservation only
Due to cold air and water temperatures we are closed for the season. Thank you to everyone who joined us on the water to make this crazy year so successful!
Watch the Safety Video and sign the Online Release
Make a reservation by clicking on your desired location below. Please be on time for your appointment and read the fine print below
- You must be able to get into your boat without any physical assistance from our staff. We have boat hooks that will help, and here are some tips.
- You must to be in good health and wear a mask while on land and approaching the dock.
- We will not be renting drybags this season. Please bring your own or consider buying one.
- Life Jackets are required for all paddlers. You can wear ours that are washed after every use along with the boats and paddles. Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own Coast Guard approved PFD or consider buying one.
- You can rent a paddleboat or rowboat if there is one available when you arrive for your reservation. Ask a staff member if it’s available and we can adjust your invoice.
- Please don’t be late! We need to stick to a schedule to maintain appropriate distance.
- Everyone must sign our online waiver.
- All of our regular policies are still in effect, no alcohol is allowed on the premises, and anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult on the water. See our age policy.
Get more info on rental prices, learn more about all seven of our locations or contact us with any questions.
Reserve a Boat in Newton, Historic Auburndale Boathouse
|2401 Commonwealth Ave, Newton|
|Day Rental in Newton||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Newton||Book Here|
Reserve a Boat in Boston, Allston/Brighton
|1071 Soldier’s Field Rd, Boston|
|Day Rental in Boston||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Boston||Book Here|
For more information about our Boston location, view directions, paddling map, and paddling safety information (also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, and French) and take our fun quiz!
Reserve a Boat in Cambridge, Kendall Square
There is currently an algae warning at this location. You can read more about Blue Green Algae here. We are still open and renting during this time.
|15 Broad Canal Way, Cambridge|
|Day Rental in Cambridge||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Cambridge||Book Here|
For more information about our Cambridge location, view directions, paddling map, and paddling safety information (also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, and French) and take our fun quiz!
Reserve a Boat in Newton, Nahanton Park
|455 Nahanton St, Newton|
|Day Rental in Nahanton Park||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Nahanton Park||Book Here|
Reserve a Boat in Medford, Condon Shell
|2501 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Medford|
|Day Rental in Medford||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Medford||Book Here|
Reserve a Boat in Somerville, Blessing of the Bay
|32 Shore Dr, Somerville|
|Day Rental in Somerville||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Somerville||Book Here|
Reserve a Boat in Waltham, Moody Street
|195 Moody St, Waltham|
|Day Rental in Waltham||Book Here|
|Evening Rental in Waltham||Book Here|
Complete Your Waiver
For more information about our Waltham location, view directions, paddling map, and paddling safety information (also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, and French.)
Our hours change as the sun sets earlier into the fall. Day rates 2-3 hours on the water and evening rates are 1-2 hours long depending on your appointment time and when we close.
|Week||All Boats Must be Returned by:|
|June 8 – July 26||8pm|
|July 27 – August 2||7:45pm|
|August 3 – 9||7:30pm|
|August 10 – 16||7:15pm|
|August 17 – 23||7pm|
|August 24 – 30||6:45pm|
|August 31 – September 7||6:45pm|
|September 8 – 13||6:30pm|
|September 14 – 20||6:15pm|
|September 21 – 27||6pm|
|September 28 – October 4||5:45pm|
|October 5 – 12||5:30pm|
- You must request a cancellation at least seven days notice of your desired rental time in order to receive a credit to reschedule. No refunds will be available.
- However, if you are unable to paddle due to evolving health concerns, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If we cancel your rental due to weather, high winds, or other safety concerns, you will be eligible for a full refund or rescheduling.
For Season Pass Holders:
- Reserve your time using the instructions you received by email.
- If you do not show up for your time slot, you will be charged a $20 fee and cannot use your pass until the fee has been paid.
- Season Pass holders can only have four active reservations at a time and must give at least 24hrs notice for rescheduling without penalty.
Additional Steps we are taking:
- Our facilities and dock will be cleaned daily and high touch areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day
- All boats, paddles & lifejackets will be santized after each use
- We have added hand sanitizing stations at each step of the rental process
- We are limiting daily rentals to allow for appropriate distancing.
- Groups will be separated by at least 6 ft. while waiting for their reservation
- We will manage traffic flow so that everyone is getting in and out of their boats at different times and at designated stations
- No cash or credit card transactions will take place while you’re on-site. Waivers and rental payment will all be taken care of in advance or on your own device
- We will not be renting dry bags to limit additional contact
- We will have drybags and lifejackets available for purchase at our online store and also a limited selection at our rental sites