Canoe, Paddleboard, or Kayak in Newton, Nahanton Park
Rent a Canoe, Paddleboard or Kayak in Newton. Owned by the City of Newton, Nahanton Park consists of 57 acres of forests, meadows, and gardens along the Charles River. From our dock, boaters can enjoy more than 12 miles of uninterrupted river, from Silk Mill Dam at Upper Falls to Dedham Ave in Needham. A significant portion of the river’s shore along this section of river is surrounded by parks, including Cutler Park and Millennium Park, and most of the riverbank is forest and marsh.
Charles River Canoe and Kayak offers hourly canoe and kayak rentals, picnic tables, an indoor function room, and playing fields. Learn more about our Nahanton Park Location in Newton.
To best see this outstanding stretch of river, try one of our Shuttled River Trips and spend the morning or the whole day floating down the Charles!
Reservations are not required. Reservations are available at some times but if you don’t see the time you want, just walk in and we’ll get you out on the water! Save time and complete your waiver before you come.
- You must request a cancellation with at least 12 hours notice of your desired rental time in order to receive a refund less a 10% administrative fee. You can reschedule your activity to another day up to two hours ahead of time.
- Please see the reschedule link in your confirmation email to reschedule your rental online or email us at email@example.com to request a refund.
Policies & Return Times
The last boat of the evening launches one hour before closing time -- This means that you need to be at the check in desk with all members of your party at least an hour before closing, and possibly earlier than that if there is already a line on the dock.
- Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may help you plan your visit
- Bring your photo ID everytime you paddle
- Always be prepared to get wet, wear your life jacket and ask us for a drybag to protect your belongings.
- Smoking and Alcohol is strictly prohibited and we reserve the right to inspect your bags and coolers.