Run of the Charles
On April 24, 2016, join more than 1000 paddlers in canoe and kayak races for everyone — from short legs in the Relay Race to a 26-Mile Pro Marathon, all ending at the Finish Line Festival with food, music, prizes, and displays.
Celebrate the continuing improvements to Boston’s historic Charles River by taking part in this community event.
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Run of the Charles Rentals
- Reservations are required for all Run of the Charles race rentals. No day-of-race rentals will be available.
- All rentals for the Run of the Charles will be processed through our online reservation system.
- The rental fee is refundable up to 7 days before the race, less a 10% reservation fee. If cancellation of the rental occurs with less than one week’s notice, the rental fee is forfeited.
- In the event the race is cancelled, we will refund the rental fee less a 10% registration fee.
- Your credit card number will be held as a deposit. Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear.
- Each person who will use the boat during the race must sign a waiver and release of liability. Download the release from our web site and distribute it to your team members so you can turn in the completed forms when you pick up your boat.
- Rentals includes one paddle and life jacket per paddler (two per canoe or double kayak; one per single kayak). Additional paddles and life jackets may be added during the reservation process.
- All paddlers will be required to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water.
- The availability of specific kayak models is limited. Call (617) 965-5110 to discuss availability of specific kayaks, including racing kayaks. Requests for specific boat models are not guaranteed until we confirm.
Video by Interlock Media.
Reservations are Required
|Boat Rental Rates||Price||Deposit|
|Kevlar Canoe (~45 lbs.)||$120||$2500|
|Royalex Canoe (~65 lbs.)||$95||$1500|
|Aluminum Canoe (~75 lbs.)||$65||$1000|
|Std. 16-Foot Canoe (~82 lbs., stable)||$72||$1000|
|Std. 17-Foot Canoe (~83 lbs., faster than 16')||$72||$1000|
|Composite/Racing Single Kayak||$72||$3000|
|Plastic Single Kayak||$60||$1500|
|Composite Double Kayak||$96||$4000|
|Plastic Double Kayak||$80||$1800|
|Delivery to Great Plain Ave and Pick-Up at Herter Park (relay)||$30|
|Delivery to Riverdale Park and Pick-Up at Herter Park (19-mi race)||$30|
|Pick-Up from Herter Park only (9-mile race)||$20|
|Delivery to and Pick-Up from Herter Park (6-mile race)||$30|