Guided Tours & Trips
Boston Harbor Tour
Join our Boston Harbor Tour and experience the thrill of paddling through the Charles River Locks into Boston Harbor in a kayak! Our Harbor Tour begins and ends at our T-accessible Kendall Square location. This three-hour tour is designed for paddlers of any level.
We’ll begin with a quick introduction to kayak strokes, then launch our double kayaks and paddle toward the Museum of Science. We’ll glide through the old locks of the original Charles River Dam (built in 1910), then paddle past the Nashua Street Park and under the Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge. We’ll pass through the locks at the current dam (built in 1978) and enter Boston’s Inner Harbor!
We’ll paddle to Charlestown Navy Yard to view the U.S.S. Constitution, U.S.S. Cassin Young, and other ships berthed there. From the Navy Yard, we’ll enjoy the amazing waterfront skyline view, including Old North Church and the Financial District.
After returning through the locks, we’ll explore the narrow, winding channels at North Point Park before heading toward the Esplanade. If time allows, we’ll explore Storrow Lagoon and take in the river skyline, including the Hancock and Prudential Buildings, Citgo Sign, and the State House Dome.
Your guide will entertain you with tales of Boston and Cambridge, information on the role that the Charles River and Boston Harbor have played in our history, and plenty of landmark sightings. Even if you’ve lived here your whole life, you’ll learn something new, funny, and exciting.
Also consider our Boston Skyline Tour!
- Full payment is due upon registration for a class, clinic, or trip.
- For cancellations received 7 days or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 7 days before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Classes, clinics, and trips always run unless the weather is extreme.
- A minimum number of registrants is required for any event to run. If we cancel an event due to low enrollment, we will provide a full refund.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability. To save time, you can download this waiver and bring it with you.