Waltham Riverfest 2017
Celebrate the Waltham Riverfest with a weekend full of activities on June 16-17, 2017 with Charles River Canoe & Kayak!
Moody Street Dam creates the Lakes District of the Charles, a beautiful six-mile stretch of slow-moving flatwater. This section of river was once a haven for canoeists looking to escape the city — and is again today!
Rentals at Moody Street
- To celebrate Riverfest we are offering a 25% discount on Canoe, Kayak, and Stand-Up Paddleboard rentals on June 17th and 18th.
- Take a look at our Waltham page for more details on our Moody st operation!
Friday, June 16
- 7pm Moonlight Canoe Tour – Make a Reservation (limited space available)
25% off all canoe, kayak, and Stand-up Paddleboard rentals
Saturday, June 17
- 25% off all canoe, kayak, and Paddleboard rentals
- 10am Intro to Paddleboard Class – Make a Reservation (limited space available)
- 11am-5pm Free 20 minute 10-person Canoe tours on the hour
Evening Canoe Tour – Friday or Saturday, June 16th and 17th, 7pm
Dusk is a magical time to be on the water, so what could be more blissful than an evening canoe tour? We push off as the sun sets for an evening of relaxation, good food, and conversation.
As the sun sets, we’ll anchor for light food and dessert and watch herons browsing along the banks and other wildlife settling in for the night.
On this tour you’ll receive a quick introduction to canoeing strokes and learn about the area’s rich history. It’s a wonderful way to experience Riverfest — the way things used to be!