July 4th Fireworks Boat Rentals
A canoe or kayak on the Charles River is by far the best seat in the house for Boston’s Fourth of July Fireworks. The event organizers welcome boaters, and the view can’t be beat! Read about the specific July 4th Boating Guidelines and take a look at the “Captains Map”.
Whether you are a couple looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Esplanade, or a family spending time together, we have a boat that fits! From single or double kayaks to canoes that seat up to five adults, our boats can accommodate you. We even offer a guided Ten-Person Canoe Tour!
Going to another fireworks display? Our off-site rentals will guarantee a phenomenal view!
Launch from and return to our Boston location on Soldier’s Field Road in Allston/Brighton on the night of the fireworks. The boat must be returned by 1am on July 5. You’ll paddle about 4 miles (~1.5 hours) to the fireworks.
Launch from and return to our Cambridge location in Kendall Square on the night of the fireworks. The boat must be returned by 11:30PM on July 4. You’ll paddle about 5 minutes to the fireworks.
|Boats Rented from Allston/Brighton||Deposit|
(2-3 adults, or 2 adults/2 kids)
|Tripper XL Canoe (4-5 adults)||$139||Book Now||$2000|
|Plastic Single Kayak (1 adult)||$59||Book Now||$1500|
|Single Pedal Kayak (1 adult)||$89||Book Now||$1500|
|Plastic Double Kayak (2 adults)||$99||Book Now||$1800|
|Six-Person Canoe Catamaran
(up to 6 adults)
|Boats Rented from Kendall Square||Deposit|
(2-3 adults, or 2 adults/2 kids)
|Tripper XL Canoe (4-5 adults)||$164||Book Now||$2000|
|Plastic Single Kayak (1 adult)||$84||Book Now||$1500|
|Single Pedal Kayak (1 adult)||$110||Book Now||$1500|
|Plastic Double Kayak (2 adults)||$124||Book Now||$1800|
|Double Sit-On Top Kayak (2 adults)||$124||Book Now||$1800|
(up to 3 adults, or 2 adults/2 kids)
|Ten-Person Canoe Guided Tour
Registration/Cancellation Policy for July 4 Rentals
- Rates shown do not include applicable Sales Tax.
- Rentals includes a paddle and life jacket for each paddler.
- Off-Site Rentals include foam blocks and straps to car-top the boat. Contact us if you plan to rent more than one boat and do not have a roof rack.
- Renters must bring a flashlight to have on board each boat. If you do not bring a flashlight, we will have a limited number available for purchase. In addition, we will provide a continuously lit white light to mount on your boat to satisfy State Police requirements.
- Bring a photo I.D. when you pick up your boat.
- During the reservation process, you will request a preferred pickup time. This time is subject to change and not guaranteed until we confirm it with you.
- All rentals require the deposit indicated below. Your credit card number is considered to be your deposit, but we do not charge or put a hold on your card unless the boat is stolen or damaged. Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear, including deep scratches, chips, and gouges through the boat's finish.
- The State Police restrict boating access within a perimeter around the fireworks barge. Renters will be provided with information on this restriction before launching. Learn more on the Boston July 4 Web Site.
- All boats rented in Allston/Brighton must be picked up by 8pm on July 4; all boats rented in Kendall Square must be picked up by 9pm. We reserve the right to rent remaining boats to others after these times, and no refunds or credits will be issued if your boat is no longer available.
- The rental charge will be refunded, less a 10% administrative fee, if you cancel your rental by 5pm on June 27. After this date, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- In the event that the fireworks and concert are cancelled due to weather before you pick up your boat, we will refund the rental fee, less a 10% administrative fee. If the fireworks and concert are cancelled after you pick up your boat, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability. To save time, you can download this waiver and bring it with you.