Group Rates & Reservations
Reservations are available for groups renting eight boats or more, or for events with guiding/instruction. If you are renting fewer than eight boats, just come down — boats come off the water as quickly as they are going out, so it’s rare that you are waiting more than 30 minutes and often less at our quieter sites.
All reservations require pre-payment. During our off-peak hours, we are happy to offer discounted group rates. Group reservations during our peak hours are available with an additional reservation fee. Examine our policy below, get an Instant Quote for your group, and please call (617) 965-5110 or e-mail us if you have questions.
Kids’ groups will need a sufficient number of adults to accompany their group on the water. See our maximum child-to-adult ratios for details.
Discounted Group Rates
(Not Valid Noon–5pm on Weekends/Holidays)
- A reservation and pre-payment for all reserved boats are required to receive discounts. Reservations must be confirmed 24 hours in advance.
- For groups renting eight boats or more, we offer a 10% discount off our regular rental rates. No discounts are offered on kids’ kayaks. We offer additional discounts for School Groups (K-12) and Camps.
- Customized instruction and guiding is available for $145/hour or $580/day per instructor. Click the link to see information on our maximum ratio of instructors/guides to boats.
- One person must pay for all boats and instruction at the same time.
- On Weekends and Holidays, groups that go on the water before 11am may receive the group discount for the time they spend on the water before Noon. Our regular rental rates apply for time spent on the water after Noon.
- No discounts are offered during our peak hours of Noon to 5pm on Weekends and Holidays, though you can still reserve boats. See our Peak Hour reservation policy in the next column.
Special Rates for School Groups (K-12) and Camps
- When renting 8-9 boats: 20% off regular rates (except kids’ kayaks).
- When renting 10-14 boats: 40% off regular rates (except kids’ kayaks).
- When renting 15 boats or more: 50% off regular rates (except kids’ kayaks).
- No discounts are offered during our peak hours of Noon to 5pm on Weekends and Holidays.
- Customized instruction is available for $95/hour or $380/day per instructor.
- For unguided groups, each adult can accompany up to 6 kids in up to 5 kids’ boats. See our child-to-adult ratios for details.
- K-12 school groups and camps must pre-pay for guides, catering orders, and boat deliveries, but may pay for rented boats on the day of the event.
Peak-Hour Reservations (Outings Starting Noon-5pm Weekends/Holidays)
- Peak Hour Reservations may be available on Weekends and Holidays between Noon and 5pm.
- If we are able to take your Peak-Hour Reservation, we require pre-payment of the rental fee plus a peak-hour reservation fee of $10/boat.
- No discounts are available during peak hours.
- You may avoid the reservation fee by scheduling your outing to begin before or after our peak hours.
- We plan to begin serving your group at the start time indicated on your reservation. Because we have removed your reserved boats from our fleet at our busiest time, no refunds or credits for missed time will be offered to groups arriving after their start time.
- No refunds or credits are available for boats not used on the day of the event.
- Please call (617) 965-5110 or e-mail us to make a reservation.
Registration/Cancellation Policy for Paddling Group Outings
Pre-payment in full is required for all reservations (K-12 school groups and camps must pre-pay for guides, catering orders, and boat deliveries, but may pay for rented boats on the day of the event). View our Reservation & Discount Policy for details.
- Reservations cancelled by the following deadlines receive either a refund of the pre-payment less a 10% registration fee, or a full credit to a store account. This credit is valid for 7 years and may be used for instruction, rentals, or purchases at Charles River Canoe & Kayak or Weston Ski Track.
- Group Reservations at our locations must be cancelled 48 hours in advance (except deliveries, catering orders, massage services, and off-site guiding/instruction). Cancellations due to weather must be made at least 2 hours before the event. Small reductions in boat quantities for non-peak-hour reservations are accepted when you arrive for your event, but are subject to the 10% fee.
- Boat Deliveries must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- Off-Site Guiding/Instruction must be cancelled at least 7 days before the event. Cancellations due to weather must be made by 5pm the night before the event.
- Catering Orders must be cancelled at least 7 days before the event. The timeframe for cancellations due to weather varies by vendor -- call our group outings coordinator at (617) 965-5110 for details.
- Massage Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the event.
- For all cancellations made after the above deadlines, no refunds or credits will be issued.
- Peak-Hour Reservations begin at the designated start time, and groups arriving late will not receive refunds or credits for missed time.