Responsibilities: Teach introductory flatwater kayak classes with up to eight students on the Charles River in Newton or Waltham. Classes run for two two-hour sessions. Additional work may include teaching rolling clinics and private kayak lessons, and leading kayak tours and group outings.
Requirements: Significant sea kayaking or whitewater kayaking experience. Instructors should be able to demonstrate and teach an efficient forward stroke, boat lean, and bracing. A reliable roll must be demonstrated for students during class. Instructors should also have experience performing numerous types of rescues and re-entries. Teaching experience is required. ACA or BCU Instructor certifications are desirable but not required. First Aid certification is required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Current drivers license and safe driving record are desirable but not required. Training is available.
Starting Pay: $13/hour
- Site manager : Somerville
- Dock Staff in Somerville and Waltham
- Skyline & Boston Harbor Kayak Tour Guide
- Desk Staff in Kendall Square (Cambridge), Moody Street (Waltham) and Allston/Brighton (Boston)
- Patrol Staff in Kendall Square (Cambridge)
- Supervisor in Cambridge and Waltham
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding Instructor
- SUP YOGA Instructor